A great opportunity for significant funding to support those who wish to develop careers that combine clinical research and research leadership with continued clinical practice and clinical development (deadline Feb 2018).
The HEE/NIHR Pre-doctoral Clinical Academic Fellowship (PCAF) Scheme supports award holders to undertake Masters level academic training and to prepare an application for a doctoral level research training Fellowship whilst maintaining clinical practice.
The PCAF Structure
PCAFs are 2 year awards (or can be taken up part time over 30 or 40 months). Award holders split their time equally between clinical service and academic training.
- Up to 50% of the award holder’s salary
- Costs of a tailored training and development programme (as detailed in the application) comprising:
- £5,000 towards Masters level training
- £1,000 bursary for conference/meeting expenses; travel, subsistence and registration fees
- £1, 000 towards the cost of supervision and mentorship