This is a national advisory group that encourages the public to be involved with many aspects of health research. More information can be found at: www.invo.org.uk.
South West Research Design Service
The Research Design Service (RDS) provides help for people writing research proposals in applied health or social care research. Patient and public involvement is central in the RDS to help develop patient facing research materials, reviewing research documents or creating service-user led research. For more information please go to: www.rds-sw.nihr.ac.uk.
Exeter NIHR Clinical Research Facility
The Clinical Research Facility (CRF) have specialist skills in imaging, molecular genetics, vascular measurement and the study of diabetes and a mobile unit to take research to patients and volunteers. The CRF only supports research which will maximise patient benefit. Anyone can take part in research or be involved in the research process. For more information please email email@example.com or telephone 01392 408181.
NIHR Clinical Research Network
South West Peninsula Clinical Research Network (CRN: SWP) supports many healthcare settings in the South West to deliver high quality research studies. The aim of the Clinical Research Network is to make sure that:
- Patients can support, develop and contribute to the development of research studies.
- Patients and the public can access information about research studies in a format that is easy for them to understand.
- Patients are given the opportunity to take part in a research study and feedback on their experiences so that they can help drive improvements in how we deliver research studies to our patients.
PenCLAHRC has three key objectives:
- To increase the volume and quality of patient-focused research in the South West.
- To improve health outcomes by more effective use of evidence to drive health services.
- To increase capacity within the health economy to use and generate evidence.
South West Academic Health Science Network
The South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) is committed to improving the health and economic prosperity of the region though innovation, and developing and disseminating knowledge.
Health Innovation Support – Professional help to turn innovative ideas for medical and health related products and devices into a reality.
Exeter Cardiology Clinical Trials
Are you interested in new treatments for heart disease?
Exeter Health Library
We’re an NHS funded library and knowledge service and we’re here to support all RD&E staff, local NHS staff and students on placement at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. https://exeterhealthlibrary.net/