The Research and Development Department understands the important role the public has in helping us to deliver research studies at the RD&E. Good research studies help us to improve our healthcare but those changes can only happen with the help of our patients and carers.
There are lots of ways patients and their families in our community can help with research:
- Help researchers to design their study.
- Support research teams to make research projects happen.
- Take part in a research study.
- Provide feedback on the experience of being part of a research study.
- Help us to support national campaigns led by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) to promote the benefits of taking part in research projects.
- Become a patient ambassador to help raise awareness about research happening at this Trust.
- Every contribution that the patients, carers and their families make is valuable and helps make research a fulfilling experience.